Thursday, December 2, 2010

A roof over my head and a place to call home.

Today - actually 2 days ago on 11/30 - I was thankful for a roof over my head and a place to call home.

I know several people who have lost their houses and have found new homes in apartments or with family members. Home is really where your heart is. Whether you own a home, rent an apartment, live with friends or family, live in a trailer, motor home or whatever else there may be - home is what is in your heart not the dwelling that you live in.
I am thankful to have a home and a roof over my head. I can't imagine being homeless, with children and facing the holidays. I paused this last day of "thankfulness" to remind myself that whatever I am facing, whatever trial or struggle is weighing me down . . .I have so very much to be thankful for. I pray that I will never loose sight of that.

This Christmas season - a season of hope and peace - I want to remember what is really important. Not the gifts and parties and decorations - which are all wonderful. I want to focus on the most precious gift . . .Jesus. Not just Jesus, but the life that he gives to each of us. The "abundant life" - the life that HE has plans for - plans to prosper and not harm, plans for good and not evil"

Merry Christmas my friends - may this season bring you peace. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment