Monday, November 29, 2010

Movies, Spaghetti, 4 Day Weekends, DVR's and Christmas Lights . . .Oh My!

Over the last several days, I have been thankful for the above mentioned things. I have not blogged about them as I was a little under the weather.

Anyway, on Friday the boys came home for the day and we watched SEVERAL movies - all on the DVR and had some yummy spaghetti :) We did not get to enjoy family game time as both Anthony and I were not feeling our best. On Saturday, as I still didn't feel very well I was TRULY thankful to have an additional 2 days off! I didn't even go to church on Sunday - which is not like me. I just still felt yucky. I was coughing and achy and my voice was coming and going. I spent most of the day on the couch watching . . .you guessed it - things I recorded on the DVR :)

Today I am thankful for Christmas lights.

We have had ours up for several weeks now and I LOVE IT!!!!! Last year, Anthony started a tradition of hanging lights outside. He has done so with great pride. At times, I have felt that you could land a plane on my roof, but I guess there really aren't that many. Either way - I LOVE the outside lights and I am so proud of Anthony and his pride in making them "just so" :)

I went back to work today and I am so thankful that no matter how stressful the day may be, I can come home and look at the peaceful Christmas lights, not just along the way home, but once I get home as well.

So today I am thankful for Christmas lights - a small reminder of this season and the peace it represents. . .

1 comment:

  1. I look at your lights on my way home too! :) Tell Anthony thanks for making my day a little brighter too!

    ReplyDelete