Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful

This week started the month of November and our family's tradition of 30 days of thankful.

So far I have been thankful for my boys - day 1, my job - day 2 and Jeffrey Woody - today day 3.

Over the next 27 days I am going to try to share what I am thankful for each day and more details, like I did last year. I am sure that some things I am thankful for will be the same and some will be new, different, spontaneous or maybe even random.

The Bible tells us "In every thing give thanks" I am trying very hard to that those words to heart, A friend recently said that in a "come to Jesus" moment, she told God that no matter what, whether He ever blessed her again, or ever felt his presence again, or ever got another thing in this life - she was going to be thankful and praise him for all he had already done. This touched my heart and reminded me that I am more blessed than I deserve and that God owes me NOTHING, He gave his very life for the redemption of my soul and for this there is much reason to give thanks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment