Sunday, November 7, 2010

The good news . . .your brakes are fine...

Yesterday, I went for a routine oil change and tire rotation. I had a concern that I might need new brake pads, but overall was hoping for just the oil change and tire rotation. For those of you that don't know, my car is only a little over a year old (thanks to Cash for Clunkers) and within the first 3 months, I wrecked it. It probably should have been totalled but it was fixed. I have never had a problem and it looks like nothing ever happened.

Anyway, after only about 15 minutes, the service manager came to the waiting area and said, "Mrs Meade, can I see you for a second?" Oh boy - that can never be good. He became to tell me that they had finished my oil change and were about to rotate my tires, but he wanted me to see that there was an unusual wearing. The good news though, your brakes are fine. Well the inside of my tires were like shreds. Apparently, I should have had a tire re-alignment about 3 months ago. So now I needed 4 tires. I try to take good care of my car. Regular scheduled oil change and maintenance. Unfortunately, the wreck may have caused me to need more frequent wheel alignments.

Long story short, I left with an oil change, 4 NEW tires and a wheel alignment. Did I mention that I had a coupon for the oil change??? I was NOT expecting to make a major purchase. Typically, I would not have been able to make this major purchase. Somehow God had worked it out though. This was not a luxury, it was a safety issue. I drive almost 100 miles a day to and from work and I need my car in the safest and best working condition. This is the most important.

So I am thankful to say that I was kept safe and one of those tires did not blow going back and forth on I-65. I somehow had the money for the new tires. And, the good news . . .my brakes are fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment