Friday, November 12, 2010

My mom and dad . . .


Today I am so very thankful for my mom and dad!



I have started this BLOG several times today. I am not sure what to say....I am writing about the two people who gave me life. Not only life, but provided for my every need. I was aware of the sacrifices that my parents made when I was growing up. However, I never really understood the depth of those sacrifices until I was an adult. You see things through such different eyes . ..once you are grown. But honestly, I never fully grasped what my parents did for me until I myself became a parent. WOW - talk about something that makes you appreciate your own parents.


Were my parent's perfect ? Well, of course not, nor am I. Did they do the very best they could with all the resources given them? I feel very confident that they did. Through all that has happened in my life, I have no doubt that my parents loved me and still do. Is my relationship better now? I am blessed to say YES! Do we sometimes, still have our struggles? Yes, but I feel confident that nothing that comes our way can change the way we feel about each other.


My dad has become such a godly man, who loves my mom with all of his heart and loves his children and grandchildren (with one special little one coming soon :) ) He is giving and thoughtful and taught me the importance of family. I can never thank him enough for that!!


My mom is one of the sweetest, kindest woman I know. She is ALWAYS doing things for others. I strive to be more like her. She loves God with all of her heart. Her first response to EVERY situation is, "we will just have to pray"


What more could I ask for?


As I sit here writing, I am reminded of the many friends who have lost one . . .or both of their parents. I cannot imagine. I truly cannot. I have asked God and meant it, to please let us all go in the rapture, as I don't even want to think about losing my parents. I believe God is fully able to answer my request, but not selfish enough to think that he will. As I have seen, he is no respecter of persons and probably someday, I too will face the loss of my parents. The one thing that gets me passed that - I KNOW beyond a shadow of any doubt that they will leave this world to begin a brand new life in heaven! I couldn't always say that so I am happy to shout it from the roof tops now!!!!


So today with fond memories of home-baked cookies, fishing trips, home-made clothes (that I never appreciated as much as I should), a Three Musketeers candy bar - split 3 ways, the many times that we went to see great-Aunts and Uncles who became the heroes in my life, bean breaking and apple peeling get togethers, the many miles driven and money paid for 7 years of Christian School education, bed time prayers at a young age, and most of all a hug - when I needed it the most . . .


I am so very, very thankful for my mom and dad!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment