Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteren's Day

Today I am thankful for our Veterans.

I am thankful to live in a country that still, despite some people's efforts, has more freedoms than any other.

I am thankful for my Dad who served in our Navy. I am also thankful for my cousin Joe who fought in Vietnam and for Brian who fought in Afghanistan. I am also thankful for Debbie's brother Michael who served over 20 years in the Army and her nephews, Lance and Cody who are serving now. I am thankful for all the men and women who serve our country!

I hope that I never forget that Freedom is NOT free.

Today is NOT just a day off work (not for me but for some). Not just a bank or USPS holiday. Today we should stop to thank a VETERAN - if not in person at least in our heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment